- Although we provide some information on how to setup various email clients, if you have difficulty setting up your email client (such as Outlook), you will need seek advice from a competent IT person or IT specialist to manage your computer.
Alternatively, you can always use our Webmail - which does not require any setup, simply visit webmail.zeald.com on your internet browser.
To setup an email address on Apple Mail, please follow the instructions below or visit Apple Mail Support
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain and used automatically to login to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose the proper Account Type.
- Give your account a useful description, such as "Bob's business email". It can be called whatever you want.
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server, Username and Password.
Incoming Mail server details below (for Zealds' Domain name & Email manager)
[ Type: pop3, server: mail1.zeald.com, port:110 ]
Ensure secure password authentication/ssl etc is turned off
Click on Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as "Xtra Outgoing Mail Server" or "Vodafone Outgoing Mail Server".
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
Your Outgoing mail server details will depend on which Internet Service Provider (ISP) you are with
eg. Telecom Xtra, Vodafone, Slingshot, Orcon etc
some examples of Outgoing (SMTP) mail server details
|Internet Service Provider (ISP)
If you do not see your Internet Service Provider (ISP) above, you will need to contact your ISP's helpdesk for the details.
Zeald cannot provide you with an SMTP server because many ISPs block access to external SMTP servers as a measure to control spam.
- If necessary, select "Use Authentication" and enter your User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
Please note for Domain Manager hosting, the username is the same as the e-mail address.
- If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process.