The Stripe payment platform is used around the world, and by some big names, Kickstarter, for example. It's a developer-centric platform, claiming to be quick to integrate and regularly updated with new features.
1. In the catalogue's checkout page, edit the Payment component (pencil tool)
2. Have Stripe checked on the Payment gateways. (There are 3 of these: Default, B2B, and for specific groups). Hit save.
3. Log in to your stripe
account and look for the Publishable Key
and Secret Key
- In the Dashboard page, go to Developers > API Keys
- Once you've located the Keys, kindly send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will add the keys for you.
: Make sure your Stripe account is already active and verified. Unverified accounts can easily be spotted since their Dashboard will say it's in Test Mode. Also, their keys will have tests included.
If for some reason this fails, kindly do the following:
- i. Login to your Stripe account
- ii. In the Dashboard page, go to Developers > Webhooks
- iii. Click Add Endpoint.
iv. An Add a webhook endpoint popup will appear. In the endpoint URL, type in:
where <catalog-url> is the catalogue's website address
- v. In the same popup, select checkout.session.completed in the Events to send.
- vi. Hit Add endpoint.
NOTE: Make sure their Stripe account is already active and verified. Unverified accounts can easily be spotted since their Dashboard will say it’s in Test Mode. Also, their keys will have “test” included.
4. In their catalogue’s checkout page, Stripe should now be available.
How to pay using Stripe
1. On the checkout page, select Stripe as payment. Then click Place Order
2. You will be then redirected to the Stripe payment page. Currently, the payment mode accepted is only Credit Card. Enter the information needed and click Pay
3. If the payment is successful, you will be redirected to the receipt page.
Managing Stripe Orders
In the Admin Orders Page, you can easily spot Stripe orders by looking at the Payment method column.
The details are also included when you open the Order Page
Post Live setup
- Login to the stripe account, go to webhook and delete all the webhooks.
- Repeat step 3 Add Webhook