How to remove an item from a category
- To remove an item from a category click on the Items tab
- Locate the item you wish to remove. It may be necessary to click on the plus icon next to the item category to view all the items assigned to the category. Click on the item name
- Click on Remove Item From Category
- A warning prompt will display requesting that you confirm the removal of the item from the category. Click on the OK button. Please note: Your item will not be deleted!
- The page will reload and a confirmation message will be displayed. If the page reloads with the confirmation message displayed and the Unassigned Items category open (like in the picture below), the item was assigned to only one category and you will see that the item has now been placed in the Unassigned Items category. It will no longer display in the front end of your website
Please Note: If at this stage the item tree is displayed with the unassigned folder closed, this means that the item still remains assigned to other categories elsewhere. If you wish the item to be moved from all the categories to which it is currently assigned, it must be removed from each one before it will be placed in the unassigned folder
- If you do not know to which other categories the item has been assigned to, click on the Item List tab right next to the Item tree tab and find your item in the list. Click on the SKU. Then click on the Categories tab and this will give you the information you are looking for
Assign an item to a new category
- Find the item in Unassigned Items category and click on the item name
- Click on Assign this item a category , this will display the Categories tab for the specific item. This page comprises a list of any / all the categories to which an item has been assigned. If the item is not currently assigned to any categories, this will be stated
- To assign the item to a category click on the dropdown menu on the right of the page. This will display the word 'TOP' and the product menu. Click on the name of the category you wish to assign the item to, e.g. "Bathtime"
- Now click on the Add item to category button next to the dropdown menu. The page will reload and display the selected category name
Add an item to more than one category
- If you would like to assign the item to additional categories, ie add an item to more than one category click Edit Item
- Click into the Categories tab
- To assign the item to a category click on the dropdown menu on the right of the page. This will display the word ‘TOP’ and the product menu
- Click on the name of the category you wish to assign the item to. Now click on the Add item to category button
- The item will now display in the front end, within its assigned category
Did you make a mistake?
If you made a mistake and assigned the item to the wrong category, click on the cross
next to the category name. This will display a warning prompt requesting that this action be confirmed. Click on OK
. The item will be removed from the category