PayPal is a good option for people with who process a very low volume of orders.
- No minimum monthly fee. PayPal charges no monthly fees or setup fee, however they charge fees on each transaction.
- With PayPal, you do not require a merchant account
- However, the order process for customers using PayPal can be more complex as PayPal may prompt them to create a PayPal account during the order, which may result in a reduced conversion rate.
How do I setup PayPal?
- Login to your Zeald e-commerce website
- Go to the Preferences tab
- Click on "Payment" to see your payment preferences
- Click "Setup PayPal"
You will need to do the following.
- Provide your username (this is the email used to login to Paypal)
- Acquire the Identity Token
- Configure Paypal to be used with your e-Commerce website.
For 2. and 3. kindly follow these steps.
- Once logged in, move your mouse to hover over the gear icon located on the upper right corner of the Paypal page and select "Account Settings"
- Then on the left part of the website is a column, where you will find "Website Payments"
- On the next screen, look for "Website preferences" and click on "Update".
- On this screen ensure the following settings are set.
Auto Return is set to On.
On your e-Commerce website, you will find a URL (as shown below in the example)
You will need to add this to the Return URL field on the Paypal page. (clear out the http:// first)
Then ensure that Payment Data Transfer is On.
The Identity Token will now generate and appear. Kindly copy the entire code.
Then on step 10 of your e-Commerce page, paste the Identity Token that you copied earlier here.
Back on the Paypal page ensure the remaining settings are set as shown below.
Block non-encrypted website payment is Off.
PayPal account optional is On.
Contact Telephone is Off
Support Giropay and bank transfer payments is set to No
- Once the settings have been changed, simply click save and you can then log out of PayPal.
- You can then proceed with the remaining steps on your e-Commerce page.
If you would prefer one of our website administrators to complete the set up of paypal for you, please contact our support team and we can advise you of the costs to do so.