Provided you have an promotion,catalogue, ecommerce or ecommerce+ website, you can gather email addresses by having a Newsletter sign up or email opt in on your website.
Highlight the image or text you want people to click on eg Click here
to sign up for our newsletter.
- Click on the link icon
- In the Protocol section, change it to "area://"
- In the URL section type: email_opt_in
- Click OK
When someone enters their name and email address, they go directly into your customer list.
The website administrator will not be notified, and the customer will not receive an email unless you send them one.
If anyone on your website makes an enquiry using the standard enquiry form, or places an order - they will also go into your customer list autmatically. So if you would like to differentiate who has signed up for your newsletter you would need to create a Customer Group
Creating a new customer group
Find out more about Customer Groups
- Click on the Customers tab
- Click on Customer Groups
- Click on New Group
- Type in the name of your new group into both the Code and Group Name text boxes, e.g. "Email Newsletter". The code is used as the unique identifier for this group, so it is less confusing if this is the same as the Group Name
- Change the Group type to Public
- In the Subscribe Text (if public) area type some wording that relates to that group
- Click Save
- This will give your customers the chance to select a box to go directly into that group
You may wish to create a number of public groups for people to select eg Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Retailer, Wholesaler etc.
- Now you can check who has signed up for the newsletter by going to the Customers tab and selecting the group in the Group filter column
Please note - to test this, ensure you are logged out of the website and that your email address is not already in the customer list